L’Ancienne Sellerie is a stunning spacious terraced village house over three floors with flexible accommodation for 2-8 people.
Classification 3 stars Meubles de Tourisme
5/5 sur Trip Advisor
The house is ideal for the larger family or groups of friends with four double bedrooms and three bathrooms, lounge, dining room, and kitchen, terrace and garage.
The ground and first floor on their own provide ideal accommodation for two guests (except during July and August when whole house only available).
Internal floor space 125 m2.
All rooms have large double glazed windows with roll down blinds and decorative wooden shutters.
Oil central heating throughout and wood burner.
Two satellite TVs
- Large entrance hall
- Double bedroom comfortably furnished including king size bed
- New shower room with shower, washbasin and WC; Heated towel rail
- Door to garage to rear of house where visitors can park one car, bicycles etc , (Up and over door height 1.8m) . Garage opens onto small road opposite a wine cave. Additional parking in village.
First floor :-
- Spacious lounge with our signature “poppy” theme. Furniture for relaxing includes two large sofas, coffee tables, soft lighting, TV (40inch screen, satellite), DVD and CD player. Books. Board games.
- Double doors to…
- …. Private sunny South facing roof terrace (22 m2) with patio furniture seating 8, two recliners and barbecue. Plenty of attractive flowering plants. Ideal for meals outside and enjoying the sunshine
- Very well-equipped newly fitted kitchen with, dishwasher, oven, hob, microwave , wood burner, electric kettle. toaster, mixer etc
- Dining room with arch though to kitchen – lovely old French dresser and large table with seating for 8
- Utility room with washing machine and fridge/freezer.
- Tumble dryer and spare fridge in garage
- Master bedroom with double bed, new ensuite shower room with shower, washbasin, heated towel rail and WC.
- 32 inch satellite TV. Lovely views over tiled rooftops to the open hills beyond
- Two more double bedrooms, one with double bed and one with twin beds – also with village and country views
- Large shower room with shower, washbasin and WC
Furniture in each bedroom includes wardrobe or fitted cupboard, chair, chest of drawers, and hairdryer, bedside lights
Cot and highchair available on request
Bedding, towels, table linen etc provided (beds freshly made up for your arrival).
Review June 2016 on Trip Advisor
"Situated in the main street of Montlaur the tall immaculate village house stands out bedecked with colourful hanging baskets on each level.Inside ,it is spacious, comfortable and thoughtfully fitted out to a high standard for guests.The terrace is a delight with the most comfortable loungers we have ever sat on!
The owners Felicity and Peter were extremely helpful, warm and friendly and definitely contributed to our positive feelings about our stay in Montlaur.
The area is rich and diverse and there are many activities for travellers to enjoy- quiet scenic walks, thrilling cycle rides and beautiful rivers to swim in - just to mention a few! Lagrasse, nearby, is one of the most beautiful towns in France and is worth visiting and of course the magic of Carcassone endures - it is spectacular.
In our opinion this is a place to which you will want to return."
23/7/16 from our guest book
" We are sad to leave such a beautiful village, the comfortable, cosy house and the idyllic scenery around Montlaur . We enjoyed shopping daily at Philippe's shop, the trips to Lagrasse, Carcassonne, Fontfroide. and the Cathar chateau at Peyrpreteuse. Thankyou for thw useful advice on which places were worth saeeing and the welcoming atmosphere in Montlaur."