L’Ancienne Pharmacie, is a lovely old house in the centre of Montlaur with blue shutters and mellowed stone walls, a huge vine over the front door and a private walled garden. The house is well known to the older residents of the village as their former village pharmacy. It was also a maison de vigneron (wine producer’s house) and still has many of its original features.
We are delighted to share our comfortable home with our bed and breakfast visitors, many of whom have stayed a number of times.
Bed and breakfast accommodation:
- Bedroom 1 with double bed. Separate private shower room with double width walk-in shower, WC and washbasin.
- Bedroom 2 with double bed. Separate private new luxuriybathroom with 2 washbasins, large Italian shower, bath and WC
- Bedroom 3 with twin beds. This bedroom shares the large bathroom with Bedroom 2 but is only allocated with agreement to members of the same party. It is also possible to have the twin bedroom only with the private bathroom
- Bedrooms are comfortable and well furnished, each with wardrobe, bedside tables, chest of drawers, cooling fan, mirrors and hairdryer and dressing gowns . Good quality sheets and towels
- Breakfast homemade with fresh local produce - fresh fruit salad every day including our own fruit when in season from our jardin potager, organic breads, muesli, croissants, yoghurts, jams, honey , toast etc. Served on terrace, under the vine facing the village church, or in the dining room.
- Tables d'hote by prior arrangement
- Free Wifi with good reception throughout the house
- Fridge for guest’s use and laundry room (small charge)
- Courtesy tea, coffee and cold drinks available
- Travel cot, highchair and toys for young children.
- Good selection of travel guides and information leaflets. Library of books. Board games.
- Small private walled garden with Mediterranean flowers and shrubs. Paved terrace area under a vine with attractive garden furniture.
Extracts from independent reviews on bedandbreakfast.com
“Montlaur is a genuine, quiet French village surrounded by local vineyards, small river gorges and wild highland country. Guided by Peter, we enjoyed all the local drives and walks. Afterwards, we headed off to see several other local villages and the fortified chateau at Carcassonne. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Peter and Felicity’s B&B in the ‘L’ Ancienne Pharmacie’ at Montlaur. It’s a home away from home in southern France. We are planning our next stay!”
“Thank you Felicity and Peter for a wonderful reception, lovely breakfast (healthy and indulgent in one ) and having us as guests in your beautiful home. Montlaur is a peaceful, friendly village in rural France surrounded by great places to visit, swim , eat and relax on route to Spain and the southern french beaches.”
“Felicity and Peter were consummate hosts that couldn’t do enough to make our stay enjoyable and memorable. We stayed here because we liked the on-line reviews, which were universally positive and well-deserved.”